I'm a Grand Rapids based photographer, still amazed that I get to do what I love on a daily basis. I feel so right when I'm shooting—it's something that's just in me—and I have loved having the opportunity to share peoples' stories through photos.
I have three beautiful children with my husband Patrick; we get to do life together, and it’s awesome. Our favorite place to be is Chicago and we’d spend every weekend there if we could. Our life is simple and completely built around each other. We’re always hoping to show our kids that we can make a difference and impact lives by doing what we love.
and just for kicks, here’s a few other things about me:
- I am a happy person. And a little sassy.
- I married my best friend when I had just turned 21. Yeah, we were crazy young, but we knew, and we were right.
- My three kids are more love and joy than I could have ever imagined. We really hoped and prayed for them, and I still can’t believe I get to be their mom. They’re the coolest little beings I have ever met.
- Being a photographer is my dream job. I’m constantly pinching myself.
- I am not destined to be a writer. You will discover this quickly. I'm not super sorry because I feel like my camera skills really redeem that.
- My parents think we’re hippies. They're not totally wrong.
- My husband is the funniest. And a real fox. I seriously lucked out.
- Cities are my happy place, but I’ll take them with a side of beach, thank you.
- I run on checklists and gold stars.
- Dancing is pretty much my fave.
- On a scale of 1-10, when it comes to being competitive I’m Monica Gellar. (If you get that, we’re already bffs.)
- Coffee is the nectar of life. Burgers and fries are my Achilles heal.
- My kids dress much better than I do and are already acing the jokes. Parenting is so much better than I could have even imagined. We really win in the kid department.
- I’ve always loved weddings. Always. This job is pretty much my ticket to getting invited to as many as possible.
- Also, I cry at every one of them. Every. Single. One.
- I really like to laugh.
- 90’s sitcoms are everything.
- My Barbies were my first models. That’s how long I’ve been doing this.
- Reality tv is a gift.
- Seriously, I cry at every wedding I photograph. I’ll never take for granted the opportunity I have to do my job.
- I have have the best life, and this is all part of it.